Our Slovenian holiday is one for the books! I am full of gratitude that I am living a life that enables me to travel with my loved ones to all these spectacular places. I have been wanting to go to Slovenia for several years now and this trip was built up a lot in my head. Our experience exploring Slovenia by far exceeded my expectations. I have nothing but incredible and amazing memories from this place.
Before I forget, I wanted to jot down some of the incredible highlights and experiences. I am going to write more in details posts with pictures this week. But for now, I wanted to type these out so I never forget them.
Swimming to the buoy in Lake Bled with Flora. Looking out at the clear emerald lake, resting on the buoy and looking up at the castle right above us. I will never forget sharing that with her.
Swimming in the shallow end at Lake Bohinj. Bohinj was picturesque. I could have spent a week there. Getting to swim there and sit in the shallow end watching Flora swim about and Thibault play with rocks was my zen moment of the trip.
Here are some other moments that have stood out:
- Our incredible farm stay out in rural Slovenia near the Hungarian border. Mali Raj was fantastic!
- Morning yoga on the balcony
- The train ride into the caves at Postojna caves
- Dinner at Lectar
- Visiting the open air museum in Hungary
- Jaap describing the thrill of one of the daring water slides at Terme 3000
- Admiring the Julian Alps at Lake Jasna
- Swimming in the Adriatic
- The balcony views from our apartment out on the Opatija Riviera
These were some of the highlights and somehow we were able to create magical moments every single day by simply walking to a lake or hiking down a gorge. I’m incredibly grateful for this holiday of a lifetime.