These past nine weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions and experiences. There have been so many highs and lows throughout this time. I wanted to list all of our joys, so that I can remember what has happened and how our family has coped with living through a pandemic. There were so many negatives surrounding this experience. Fear, worrying about my parents, anxiety, social distancing, working from home without childcare! These were all major challenges.
So in no particular order, here things that have brought joy throughout this entire experience that I hope to look back fondly on.
- F & T becoming “best friends”. Playing with each other, learning to get along better, and learning to entertain themselves more
- Nature! Spending hours and hours outdoors, good sunny weather, living close to beautiful nature spots
- Flora taking us on the hike she discovered at the BSO
- Lots of time in the evening connecting with Jaap. Finding more time for each other. Not having rehearsals, book club dates, and other social gatherings to run out the house for
- Time for (almost) weekly Zoom dates with my Catskill girlfriends
- Reading! Reading more books than I normally do.
- BBQ! Watching Jaap grill brings me joy!
- Endless arts and craft projects
- Baking & ice cream making! We have been exploring so many new recipes. It’s been super fun.
- Exercising more with my trainer
- Not gaining weight!
- Most importantly— having this time with my family. Thibault has loved not going to the creche and even though he is happy to return, having all of this time with F & T at this time has been a true gift